The Christian Science Monitor has a very good roundup of the latest information on Wednesday’s incident in which a Mitsui Lines tanker bound for Chiba mysteriously sustained damage. Read it here.
- Calm seas, good visibility.
- Crew saw a flash.
- Damage sustained 4 meters above water line.
- Damage not consistent with HEAT warhead from RPG.
- No oil leaking.
- One crewman injured.
- Ship’s engines not damaged.
- Various Gulf countries say it was an earthquake, but there was no earthquake.
A contributor and editor at the blog War Is Boring, Kyle Mizokami started Japan Security Watch in 2010 to further understand Japan's defenses and security policy.
Kyle Mizokami has 536 post(s) on Japan Security Watch